Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December Favourites

Heya :) Hope you all had a fun, safe New Years. I don't like New Years so I just stayed in my family and it was great. :) So onto the updates, while I was out Christmas present shopping for family and friends I decided to treat myself to some bits too.

Here is what I bought!....


  • Medium Yankee Candle in Sparkling Cinnamon - "spicy warmth of real imported stick cinnamon with a hint of cloves". I bought the 2 medium candles in a gift set that was €19.90, which I think is really good value as there normally €14 each for the medium sized candles.
  • Large Yankee Candle in Christmas Cupcake - "rich, moist vanilla cupcake covered with sweet buttery holiday icing". I got my Aunties store discount for the large candles, there usually over €20 depending on each store but I got mine for €15 each.
  • Large Yankee Candle in Mandarin Cranberry - "vibrant, fruity sensation of sweet, sunny oranges and crisp, tangy cranberries". 
  • Medium Yankee Candle in Sparkling Snow - "crisp, naturally fresh scent of gleaming, snow-covered pines with hints of patchouli and fruit".

  • MAC Lipstick in Up The Amp - "Lavender violet, Amplified Creme". I got this lipstick in MAC in Brown Thomas, Dublin by recycling my 6 empties. It would usually be around €17. I haven't taken a swatch of the lipstick, to be honest I cant use my camera properly and the colour always looks different on your hand compared to your actual lips.

  • Red Leopard Print Scarf - I got this scarf because I think its more affordable to the Louis Vuitton "Red Stole Leopard Scarf". I got mine in Penney's for under €10. Bargain! The only difference between the Penney's version and the actual designer one is that the designer one says "Louis Vuitton" at the bottom of the scarf. 



The picture quality isn't too great on the above picture of the scarf but the red and the rest of the colours in the scarf are alot more vibrant in person. The colour can be seen alot better in the first picture of this update. But anyway that's the Penney's version (above) of it and here is the original Louis Vuitton version (below)....
 
Yeah you can sort of tell the difference (if you're a designer junkie) but really, who my age can afford to spend that amount of money on a scarf? We've all become recessionista's thanks to the Irish Government. So yeah that's what I bought over the month of December while I was out Christmas shopping. :)
Chat soon!
-Nadia x

No comments:

Post a Comment